Dr Patel
Dr Patel, Urologist
Experience:  12 years of experience in urology; advanced training in minimally invasive surgery and oncology

think i may have torn pee hole/meatus. im sickly worried.

think i may have torn pee hole/meatus. im sickly worried. are there threatments, cures?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Patel replied 4 years ago.

A torn urethral meatus should not cause you too much concern. The acute problem with this is that it may bleed and hurt when you urinate. Generally the bleeding will subside on its own as will the burning/pain when you urinate.

Long term this area could potentially scar down making it difficulty for you to void but this is uncommon. For something like this we typically recommend applying a mild antibacterial cream such as neosporin/bacitracin to the area until it is healed. If it does scar down long term then it can be easily opened up with what is called a meatoplasty- this is often done with just local anesthesia in the office setting in about 10 minutes. This of course, can also be done in the operating room.

Best of luck,

Dr Patel

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Doctor,

Thanks for your timely response. The fact of the problem is it has not bleed and does not hurt. Infact im just very concerned because my pee hole is big! I measured it at .8 cm. Im fairly sure it has been that way for a long time but worried that it may get get a bigger opening. I dont know if its nautural or not. I dont know if its been that way since i was born but a partner once mentioned a year ago that my pee hole looked big. Im just scared that it will keep getting larger. But the problem is i dont know that it may have always been this way. sorry i can be a cronic worrier. can my pee hole just get bigger? if it can, can it be fixed without scaring and such? Thanks

Expert:  Dr Patel replied 4 years ago.

You may have what is called hypospadias. This is an opening that is larger than normal and in a more ventrally located. This is congenital meaning you were born with it. It sometimes causes trouble with urinating as the stream may spray or not come out straight. It sometimes causes trouble with having kids as semen does not deposit into the cervix but this generally is uncommon.

The hole will not get bigger. If you want it fixed the only way is surgically.

Best of luck,

Dr Patel

Dr Patel, Urologist
Experience: 12 years of experience in urology; advanced training in minimally invasive surgery and oncology