Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues
20030499

Hello. My BUN/Creatinine ratio is high 30 (this labs

Hello.

My BUN/Creatinine ratio is "high" 30 (this lab's range is 8-27), according to a recent blood test.

The BUN itself is 19 (reference range 5-26)
The Creatinine is 0.64 (reference range 0.57-1.00)

I ordered these tests on my own and haven't spoken with my doctor yet. I do not feel well (fatigue, etc.) and have not for a long time, and I have had a really bad, sour taste in my mouth most of the time.

I am a 55-year-old female.

Thank you.
Terri
Your creatinine is completely normal. Although your bun is elevated this is a sign only of mild dehydration at the tine of your blood test. A ratio of over 20:1 is a sign that you are dehydrated. Drink a lot of water and the ratio will normalize. Not worrisome at all.