Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues

what condition could cause one testicle to retract

Customer Question

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. R replied 7 years ago.
You should see a urologist. Some people have a condition where the testicle does not completely sit in a normal lie and becomes more prone to being crooked, but also to twisitng on it's blood supply. I am not so worried, but I would see a urologist for an exam and to make sure everything is okay.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That was the purpose of the ultrasound exam to make sure that there was no twisting, and 3,000 dollars later I don't know any more than I did
Expert:  Dr. R replied 7 years ago.
The ultrasound confirms the testicle is not twisted, but it can't tell you the lie or position of the testicle. Only a urologist examining you will appreciate if your testicle is not completely descended or if it sits in an unusual position predisposing you to torsion.