Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues

I have no blood in urin but after urinating I drip blood.

I have no blood in urin but after urinating I drip blood. Can you enlghten?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. R replied 7 years ago.
This is likely due to bleeding from the prostate or the bladder since it happens after urination. Either way, it needs to be evaluated. Possible causes include some inflammation of the prostate or the bladder, a stone in the bladder or even the kidneys, a mild infection of the urethra (tube which carries urine to the penile opening), a mild infection of the bladder or prostate.

In addition, there are benign and cancerous growths in the bladder and kidney which could cause this as well.

Likely this is not cancer, but the only way to rule it out is to see a urologist and have an evaluation. This will consist of a ct scan of your abdomen/pelvis, some urine tests, and a quick look into the bladder called a cystoscopy.

Hope this information helps. Absolutely, you need to see a urologist.