Uroman
Uroman, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I was a Professor of Urology and now in private practice. I am Duke Fellowship trained.
18489377

I have a burning pain in the head (very tip) of my penis when

I have a burning pain in the head (very tip) of my penis when I urinate. Often I have the feeling I have to urinate but it takes a long time for the flow to come and it takes much concernation to actually urinate. Once the flow starts it can be quite a bit of volume, I also have 2 sores on the shaft just below the head of my penis which seam to burn when I urinate. It feels like the urine is so acidic that it burns the sore. I also have a tightness feeling around the lower abdomen and above the penis genitals area. It feels like the urine is so acidic that it burns the sore. I have been to my doctor this week and have been tested for UTI and All the standard STD’s. I know the symptoms are a lot like herpes but the tests came up normal. I think the sores started from a 40 mile bike ride and then masturbating maybe a bit too long, creating a sore spot. My stool is also very fudge like.
My girlfriend experienced a similar burning and soreness after the bike ride. Her tests came up normal
Category: Urology
Expert:  Uroman replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like you have prostatitis which is inflammation within the prostate gland. The iinflammation causes swelling around the urethra causing your symptoms. The pain at the tip of the penis is referred pain from the prostate.

Things should quiet down in a few days. I would take some Ibuprofen for the inflammation. Refrain from caffeinated and carbonated beverages as well as spicey foods.

If things don't clear up within the next 2-3 days I would see a urologist to get some antibiotics. The meds usually clear things up within a few weeks.

Finally, this occurs commonly in cyclists-I'm one too.

Best!