Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience:  Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained

My urine is dark yellow and has a very strong odor this is

My urine is dark yellow and has a very strong odor this is not constant more more often then i would like, most recently my semen has taken a very nasty odor as well. I do keep very long hours and drink a lot of coffee I smoke and drink alcohol as well.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 7 years ago.
The urine smelling foul and looking very dark is usually a sign that you are not drinking enough fluids.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I some what thought that and I have increased my fluid intake with little or no results also the change in my semen is concerning.
With respect to your urine, if it is not improving with more hydration, you could always drop off a specimen with your physician and they could test it just to make sure there is nothing major wrong with it such as infection or microscopic blood. It's strange to have foul smelling semen like you describe but different foods have been known to affect the smell of semen. It could possibly be your diet. Hope this helps.