Dr Patel
Dr Patel, Urologist
Experience:  12 years of experience in urology; advanced training in minimally invasive surgery and oncology

Slight pain and redness at tip of penis and around the tip

Slight pain and redness at tip of penis and around the tip of penis. Tested for chylmydia and it came back negative. Doctor gave two 10 day doses of doxxcyline(not sure how to spell) and pain and redness subsided while on antibiotics. Now i'm off antibiotics and the slight pain and redness are back. Doctor said this may be normal?!?! however he did not test for anything else which has me very upset!   What could it be? my pain goes away while on antibiotics but comes back two or three days after i'm off the antibiotics?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Patel replied 7 years ago.

This could be a fungal infection that can be treated with anti fungal medicines and topical steroids. I would encourage you to see a urologist for further evaluation. If it is reassuring, it does not sound like any malignancy or cancer.

Best of luck,

Dr Patel