Urologydoc
Urologydoc, Urologist
Experience:  American Born, American residency trained and Board Certified by American Board of Urology

I have a burning feeling in my lower left side/back. Not sure

I have a burning feeling in my lower left side/back. Not sure what it it- it's been there on & off for some time and today it's pretty constant.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urologydoc replied 5 years ago.
Is it down by your hip bone or up near your ribs? any other symptoms, burning urine, frequency of urine, blood in your urine. do you have any other problems or have you ever had any urological problems
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it's like it's right below and behind my bottom rib. right where the back starts to curve and turns into the side. No burning urination, no blood in the urine (that I've noticed), urinating regular (though the last few nights it's been more and alot at each time)no previous urilogical issues. I've had my gall bladder our a few years ago, no problems after that other than residual pain once in a while, have a fatty liver (from being heavy-no alcoholism or diabetes)
could be from a kidney stone in this area. If it is not to sever you can wait and see what happens. may get worse with a stone and pain may radiate down and around you left side or down into your labia. you would need a CT scan to be sure. can try to treat discomfort with over the counter Ibuprofen
Urologydoc, Urologist
Experience: American Born, American residency trained and Board Certified by American Board of Urology
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much! Do these make you feel nausous too? I've had nausea on & off for the past couple months - no chance of pregnancy. Thank you!