Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I have been baned for totting up my license with points. I

Customer Question

I have been baned for totting up my license with points. I am a hgv driver and the points were for using a mobile phone whilst driving. I went to court to fight my case and fought my case on exceptional hardship. If I was to lose my license I would lose my job as my company only accept 6 points maximum, I have a 5 week year old baby boy who depends on me, im the only person working in my house. I am in debt previously which I am paying off. I need my license to be atleast within the guidelines of 6 points order to keep my job. what can I do ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: London UK
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I already have appeared in court and have been banned for 28 days and have been told once I get my license back I will still have 9 points on there. But my employer will not be able to accept 9 points due to company policy and company insurances. im really stressed out and don't know what to do?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's about it really its just that I believe the judge was harsh on me and normally when you get banned your license should come back clean. why will I still have 9 points?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear you have already pleaded exceptional hardship once?