Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

On 19th April I called at my localShell garage . The pumps

Customer Question

On 19th April I called at my localShell garage for petrol. The pumps were occupied and I had to wait a short distance awayto avoid blocking entrance to an industrial area. I then had a demand from Parking Control Management for £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days) stating that I had parked illegally and that a sign was displayed to that effect.I replied giving my reasons and pointed out that the sign was not visible, as it was on a wall facing to the left. I ignored their threats and after a few days the sign was moved to a wall facing the entrance to the forecourt.. I have nowreceived a letter from Dept Recovery Plus Ltd. demanding payment foran unpaid parking charge of £160. If I do not pay by 20th June, they will recommend to the creditor to take court action. Whataction should I take?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: I am in Barnet, Hertfordshire
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, That would cost me more money
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a photograph of the sign in its original location or do you or can you get photographs of the holes in the wall perhaps where the sign was originally located?

How long were you waiting for and were you in the car all that time waiting in the queue for the pumps?