Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I got a code one outside my house. it has an old dropped

Customer Question

i got a code one outside my house. it has an old dropped kerb and extremely worn lines to the point you cant even see them properly. there is also a bit of painted white line but faint. Can i challenge this on the basis that the lines are almost gone?
JA: The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Challenge what specifically ? Have you been fined?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
parked in a restricted street. which is my own street! but on the side of my house which has restrictions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is regarding a pcn just issued id like to challenge due to the poor visibility of the yellow lines
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Buckinghamshire county council
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a.contravention code 01 parked on double yellow lines that a very worn. To the point of almost not there.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Are you said to have obstructed the dropped kerb?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Ok. So it is double yellow lines?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It only says parked in a restricted steet during prescribed hours. Nothing more. Code 01
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was loading materials into my car on the kerb outside my front door. There was evidence of activity because I had a wheelbarrow on the roof bars. He apparently waited mins and just ticketed me when I was bringing more things out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Long delay in responses.. It does not mention anything about double yellow lines or dropped kerbs. Its an old dropped kerb besides and nothing to do with this case. but i thought it does encourage one to use it. Although the white line has faded badly too.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well.. if it would allow me to rate this service... which it won't! I would have to give it... 'Zero' stars.