Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I never received an NIP and now have a fine + 6 points to

Customer Question

I never received an NIP and now have a fine + 6 points for failing to provide information
JA: The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Norfolk &'Suffolk central ticket office sent a NIP on 06/04/16 which I never received
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have never had a reminder either
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wanted to know where I stand if I have never received an original Notice of Intended Prosecution or reminder however have received today a conditional offer for failing to disclose relevant information.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
Do the DVLA have the correct address for your vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the DVLA have all my correct details, I have had my car for 2.5 years and received a speeding fine last year from Thames Valley Police which I accepted and paid. I genuinely do not believe Norfolk Constabulary ever sent me the NIP. Having a driving license is vital for my job so would not have ignored anything received
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
Ok. If you have had the fine then there must have been a court appearance? Why didn't you answer the summons?