Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Whether I need to pay a Parking Charge Notice

Customer Question

Whether I need to pay a Parking Charge Notice for exceeding my time (30 minutes) on a private car park
JA: The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: TBH I'm a bit inclined to pay up, I was at fault - but I was just browsing the net for advice
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so ... I bought a 2 hour ticket and came back after 2.5 hrs. ticket is £60 with a threat to increase to £100 if I don't pay by the 14th
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
When did this happen?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
June 5th 14:33, St Ives, Cornwall.
PCN is payable to KBT Cornwall Ltd t/as, Armtrac Security Services, POBox 154, Penzance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry May 5th!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for the delay.Are you prepared to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've not exactly been watching you terribly closely! ... I think my irritation is that a car park charges £1 an hour and then £60 for a 20 minute overstay. This feels disproportionate - would it be a reasonable course of action to send them half?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Yes, I understand but are you prepared to risk being sued?