Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

I have sent my details after NIP JA: The Traffic Lawyer will

Customer Question

I have sent my details after NIP
JA: The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I did 44 mh in 30mph
JA: Anything else I can tell the Traffic Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: what would be the penalty , I recently passed my test 3 months ago
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this. If your concern about getting disqualified for a period? You would not normally face instant disqualification until you were doing 51 mph. Even then, it's discretionary. The minimum penalty for speeding is a hundred pound fine and 3 penalty points. The court can give you up to 6 points for Speeding which means that you would then get an instant disqualification if you amass those 6 points within the first two years after you passed your test. It is automatic and the court has no discretion. Because you only passed your test recently, the court are going to take strict view on this in most cases because the proportion of accidents caused by speeding and in particular with new drivers is disproportionate to that of those who aren't speeding or who have been driving for some time. The courts want to send a message out to other drivers in the same situation and also of course, deter you from doing it again. However 44 mph is only 2 mph above the top 42 mph discretionary limit for a Driver Awareness Scheme. I think therefore that you're probably going to look at 3 points Or maybe a few more but not 6. Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this? Please do not forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get credit from my time here today. Although you may get the impression the thread closes, does not, it stays open and we can still exchange emails even after rating. Kind regards
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Can I assist you any further with this?When you get a moment, could you please rate my answer service positively so that I get credit for my time. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly.Thank you.