Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I got pulled over today by an unmarked car and the officer

Customer Question

hi I got pulled over today by an unmarked car and the officer said an ANPR car said I had contravened the white lines to which I informed him I hadn't, he cautioned me and issued me a ticket saying that I would be contacted and possible asked to pay a fee and attend a course for no points, I asked him to show me the photographic/video evidence as I didn't cross the lines to which he stated there was none, to which I informed that I would be appealing the ticket as the ANPR car was manned by a solo officer and both myself and my 2 passengers on route to an uncles funeral were all in no doubt that I completed my overtaking manoeuvre before the double whites started
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Traffic Lawyer should know?
Customer: other than I'm 47 a full clean license never had a ticket in my life not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Are you asking if this is a defence?