Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am 18 and was caught drink driving in the early hours of

Customer Question

i am 18 and was caught drink driving in the early hours of Saturday morning. It is my first offence. I honestly thought i was ok to drive as i had not had a drink for 4 hours,but rather foolishly i obviously was. I am a student,i am just about to qualify as a personal trainer and need my licence for my travel to work places. i am deeply remorseful and will undertake the drink driving course,is there anyway the courts would be lenient with me. i have never been in trouble, i only passed my test 8 months ago and i never usually drink,this was a one off
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i can't afford one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Traffic Lawyer should know?
Customer: i am sorry and deeply ashamed and would never ever do this again,I'm young and foolish,i have brought shame on myself and my family and when they charged me they ticked i was asian,but i am white/asian and when i told them they didn't listen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Are you asking what sentence you will get?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can i write a letter of apology to the couqgt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

What was your reading please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
63
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Thanks.

This isn’t the highest reading. It is still within the range of a fine.

A ban is inevitable though obviously. The court has no discretion. That said, I would imagine they would probably impose a ban of between 12-16 months even though it does just fall within the higher sentencing bracket.

If you do the course then that would reduce the ban to between 9 - 12 months.

There will be a costs order of £85 and a victim surcharge of roughly 10% of the fine.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.last question,how much fine would i be looking at ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

It depends on your weekly income but usually you are expected to pay between 125-175% of your weekly income.