Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am ***** ***** I have received charge notice from ghview

Customer Question

Customer: hello I am ***** ***** I have received charge notice from highview parking for non payment for parking in a car park - I was in the hotel above the car park and mentioned to them where I was parked and they said that was fine i thought it was the hotel car park. When I entered the car park there was no barriers or ticket given nor could I see pay and display signs anywhere also there was no barrier when I left. I have received a charge notice advising of legal proceedings because I have not responded to previous communications ( I have not received any thing before ) in the fine it advises you can only communicate with them via email or post but they do have a advice line number . I have sent an email everyday since the 12/01 and not had any acknowledgement or response I have called the advice line number many times to be told if they are not responding to my emails then send a letter !!! I said I do not to pay postage when I have the option to send a email for free so I was then told that is the advice they are giving it is up to me if I do not want to take it and get legal action taken against me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have received charge notice from highview parking for non payment for parking in a car park - I was in the hotel above the car park and mentioned to them where I was parked and they said that was fine i thought it was the hotel car park. When I entered the car park there was no barriers or ticket given nor could I see pay and display signs anywhere also there was no barrier when I left. I have received a charge notice advising of legal proceedings because I have not responded to previous communications ( I have not received any thing before ) in the fine it advises you can only communicate with them via email or post but they do have a advice line number . I have sent an email everyday since the 12/01 and not had any acknowledgement or response I have called the advice line number many times to be told if they are not responding to my emails then send a letter !!! I said I do not to pay postage when I have the option to send a email for free so I was then told that is the advice they are giving it is up to me if I do not want to take it and get legal action taken against me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Traffic Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Who is the issuer of this fine please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
highview parking
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Are you willing to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been trying to contact them to discuss my issue but no one is responding, I do not want to be sued but I would like them to answer the questions I have asked with regards ***** ***** previous letters they have supposed to have sent as well as lack if signage in the car park. That is why I am trying to contact their appeals team but they are not responding where do I stand with that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no point in discussing it with them.

So are you willing to risk being sued?