Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Last night I was followed by an abnormal police car which

Customer Question

Last night I was followed by an abnormal police car which had the Met logo on the side but no other markings. The officers in the car followed me but made no indication for me to pull up. When I reached my destination they parked behind me, asked me if I was done racing and then said, "We're going to report your car". Is this a verbal NIP?
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it could amount to a verbal NIP. They have to do very little to get over that hurdle. Whether they will do that or not is another matter. Obviously it is something that is easy to say and harder to act upon. However, if they were to make a report this would get over the hurdle of a notice of intention. Sorry if that is bad news. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
They didn't ask me to enter their car or anything, nor did they ask me any questions. When I asked them what I could be expecting they said they didn't know and that it is not up to them?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is a fairly standard response I'm afraid.