Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have learned that my licence has been revoked. When the

Customer Question

Hi .. I have learned that my licence has been revoked.
When the speeding occurred I was told by the police at the time I would be put forward to a driving scheme and may not get points .A letter would be sent to me stating what I needed to do.
I did not get that letter due to being homeless and living in a tent for several months. Now I have been given a job driving , I now get told I've been revoked by the DVLA, According to there site I have 6 points and a £200 fine outstanding , due to it going to court .
Due to being homeless and no formal address , I was not aware of any court or fine proposed .... what can I do to resolve this matter ASAP
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you inform them that you would not have an address and make arrangements for correspondence to be dealt with via other means?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ... when I became homeless ... It was probably the last thing on my mind.
But I do need to resolve this ASAP ... so that I can keep my new job and not become homeless all over again .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This matter was back in October 2014 I think ... I only found out today via checking my licence on line
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If it is just revocation for non surrender of your licence then you can just apply for reinstatement. There are no further tests but there is a fee.

It is not all that quick but it is faster than most of other methods of removing things of this nature. The DVLA are turning them around in about a week at the moment.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what it states on DVLA ... But say what I need to do in order to reinstate it , or what forms I need to fill ... do I just need to phone them and resolve this .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean? That is just the number of points you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says it's been revoked .. but not able to deduce who the court fine came from or how to reinstate my licence . So I am presuming I ring the DVLA ... or do I go to the police station to enquire ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The fine came from the issuing court. The DVLA revoked when you didn't send your licence in for points to be added. You can actually reapply using the D1 form.