Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I got caught speeding at 110mpj j22 m1 at 3am I have a new car which is pretty smooth a

Customer Question

Hi I got caught speeding at 110mpj j22 m1 at 3am I have a new car which is pretty smooth and didn't realise I was going way over my speed limit I thought I was doing 90 the. Realized thereafter when I was stopped I have a clean license held for 6 years with no convictions or offenses. I am a quality control officer at my work place and cannot afford to have a ban as my job involves me having to travel around and could possibly lose my job. My mother is old and needs to be taken around as my father is out of the country most of the time. The officer has made a mistake on the document as he recorded the time as 15:03 instead of 03.03 please advise your expertise
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi joe what is likely to happen at the court hearing will I be looking at a ban or points
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume the limi was 70 mph?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Do you have any other points within the last three years?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None at all this was my first offense I've for a clean record
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
If this is 110 miles an hour in a 70 mile an hour the then I'm afraid you are facing either six points or a ban of between 7 to 56 days.
You are right at the end of the sentencing bracket and so a short ban is not out of the question even on a first offence unfortunately.
You may be lucky and get six points but I would not bet anything valuable upon it.
There will also be a fine of between 75 225% of your weekly income, court costs of £85 and a court charge usually I've just under £100.
I'm very sorry but I can only give you useful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo