Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I took my Aunt to Castlepoint last September she's 91

Customer Question

Hi
I took my Aunt to Castlepoint last September she's 91 and doddery and I didn't notice she'd put her badge on the dashboard backwards and I made a stand to the point where those sharks at De Vere have taken me to court and I could end up with a CCJ even though I sent a picture of the legitimate badge to the Court.
If that's how British Justice treats law abiding citizens then heaven help us. We were perfectly entitled to park so why should I have to pay anything.
Thank you.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we didn't do anything wrong, the badge was valid and I don't think I should have to go through all this. I think the Court should throw it out.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
So what is your question about this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'd just like to know where I stand. I parked where I was fully entitled to, but I could get a CCJ even though the court has seen a copy of the badge. To me that's illegal, but I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Who is the issuer of this fine please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry! It's De Vere and I think they're well known for their antics in Bournemouth.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They will not be the issuers of the fine. They are th overriding company owning th land.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well when I wrote to the Manager of Castlepoint he said there was nothing he could do and passed it on to De Vere's. After research I found out that Standard Life Investments own the site and I've written to the CEO, but so far not got a response.To be honest I don't care about the semantics of who authorised that ticket, the bot***** *****ne is a very elderly doddery woman displayed her parking badge back to front and I could end up with a CCJ because of it. That's not right.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really going to need to know who the issuer is Im afraid.