Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was just pulled over on my motorbike , 98mph

Customer Question

hi, i was just pulled over on my motorbike for speeding, 98mph on a dual carriageway with 70mph limit, i passed my test last month and already have 3 points from march last year, im worried about sitting on 9 points and was wondering is there a way to ask for the 28 day ban instead when i get my summons?
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can ask for anything you like but I'm afraid the court will not sentence on the basis of your preference. The court will just decide the appropriate sentence and impose that.
If this is 98 in a 70 mph zone then I'm afriad you are facing 4-6 points or a ban so unless you get an immediate ban your licence will be revoked unless, of course, the other three points ore existed your pass date.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi jo,
thanks for that, and yes the 3 points were from just over a year before i passed my bike test, does this make a difference?
Callum
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it means they aren't included in the revocation.
So unless you get 6 points for this matter you will not be revoked.