Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Jo - I hope you are well. I hope you're available, you

Customer Question

Hi Jo - I hope you are well. I hope you're available, you helped me before back in August last year ... similar thing really I'm afraid (will I ever learn!). I would like your advice on what could happen if I ignore another formal threat from ParkingEye
about a fine. I have scanned the "Claim Form" and could send it to you as an attachment if you're available ... ?
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is this actually a claim form or just one of their threatening letters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It states Claim Form in the top left hand corner, I have attached it here ...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
That is indeed a claim form and it cannot be ignored. You have been unlucky in that they are suing but that doesn't mean that they will win.
If you do ignore that then they will get judgement in default against you.
You need to decide what you want to do about this. The only way to make it go away the certain is to pay in full.
If you are prepared to defend the claim then you can ask them to prove that their signs were adequate and to show the sum of their loss.
Another little trick is to respond adding the landowner to the claim is a further defendant. Usually landowners have better things to do than attend court over what is ultimately £85.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks ... that's all I need, Jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/