How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been sent a summons car im not

Customer Question

I've been sent a summons for speeding for a car im not the registerd keeper or owner of at the time. This says I failed to notify them of the driver. Yet I did and within time via recorded delivery. Yet as none of the boxes to tick to challenge this notice dont apply to me I didn't tick those and sent in the name if registerd keeper and owner. This included that either the registerd keeper had used tbe car ir allowed someone else to.should I plead nit guilty with receipts that I notified and responded in time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Did you clearly identify the driver?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I explained I was not using the car and give his name and address as registerd keeper, that he must of driven or allowed someone else to I cannot possible know this as I live 300miles from him.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
You can plead not guilty on this basis but not on the basis that you notified. You did not.You can plead not guilty on the basis that it is not reasonably practicable for you to notify because you were not the driver and do not know who was and had no way of knowing.Do bear in mind that the burden of proof passes to you to show that you had no way of knowing though. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo