Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

I was caught doing 54 mph in a 30 mph limit at 23:40 last night,

I was caught doing 54 mph in a 30 mph limit at 23:40 last night, I had just driven all the way home from Scotland which is anXXXXX it is aXXXXXwith central reservation and no cars were around.
I have been driving 1 year 11 months and a week, so am 3 weeks away from 2 years driving. I need my car so desperately for work as I now travel the country after my recent promotion. I have never had any other offences and first time ive been in trouble with the law, how can I help myself as I really cant lose my licence?

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

There's no way around the risk of disqualification for a short time I'm afraid. This is a sentencing bracket that carries either 6 points or 7-56 days disqualification. As a general rule they would not normally ban immediately. This is at the lower end of the sentencing bracket so its most likely to be points.

You want to be emphasising your hitherto good record, the shortness of any distance driven at speed and the absence of heavy traffic in mitigation.

It is also possible that they will forget to summons you. That does happen sometimes especially in busy areas. Obviously you can't rely on it but its possible.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 forget to summons me? what do you mean, sorry?

Also, is it possible for me to be band longer than 56 days? I've recently got my promotion and can not lose my licence, ive never been in trouble before and to be honest i'm worried so much.

Sorry. I didn't see this

It is possible they could do that but not here. Its got no justification.