Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hello, We have today received a Court Claim from

Customer Question

Hello, We have today received a Court Claim from from Parking Eye Ltd Via The County Court Bulk Centre,4th Floor St Katharines House,21-27 St Katherines Street Northampton NN1 2LH Claim no. XXXXXXXX This is as a result of 2 parking fines being issued on private land earlier on this year. We did not pay the original fines as we were we informed that these companies can not enforce parking fines on private land and have spent the summer abroad. Parking Eye are claiming from us £100 also a court fee of £15.00 along with Solicitors costs of a further £50 giving a total of £165 this amount is times 2 as we have 2 claims against us as both my wife and myself were parked in this space. Could you advise us further of what if anything we can do to avoid having to pay a total of £330 !!! ASAP as there is a 14 day time limit. Also the claim has conveniently arrived today the 21st August and the letter states that the "Day of Service" is taken "5 days after the date of the issue date shown overleaf" ??? We wouldn't object to paying the original fine, but unfortunately due to having been out of the country for several months this situation has not come to our attention till today. Yours sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you seen the information that I submitted urge other day? I have had no response??? I hope that this website is not a scam? I need an urgebpnz reply as there is a deadline in which to respond to this summons/ fine. Could you please get back to me ASAP ! Paul XXXXX

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The reason you have had no response is that you haven't responded to my information request.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JOMO1972

Am I speaking to a computer or something??? I have totally outlined the situation to you in previous correspondence.

What more do you need to know?

Please be more specific!!!

And please respond to my email address which isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Yours sincerely,

Paul Oates
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I cannot really be any more specific. I need to know what you want to know about this? I'm afraid I cannot think of a way of making that any clearer.

We cannot have correspondence outside of this site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Jo, As previously stated we received the court notices mentioned in previous correspondence. What I need to know is- A.are they genuine and legitimate, as we were parked on private land? B. the total with solicitors fees etc amounts to almost £500! The actual fines are £300! Which is exhorbitant. Can they insist that we pay the full amount or just the fines or do we legally have to pay them at all? I have today posted the forms back to Parking Eye for their reconsideration. They are based in Chorley in Lancashire. Thank you Paul xxxx

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.