Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.

Hi, is there a central database of issued speeding tickets

Customer Question

Hi, is there a central database of issued speeding tickets (NIPs), or are they held by police area and not cross referenced ?
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

What are you trying to achieve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I managed to pick up two NIPs in two different areas, I just wondered if they one area could see other pending NIPs....

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
It's impossible to say exactly because the way police gather and store information and intelligence is not disclosed to the public. But I have seen cases in the past when this type of information has been recorded on the police national computer. Therefore, theoretically it is possible for one force to know about a NIP issued by another.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers so I am credited for my time. Happy to answer follow up questions for free.