Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

received a parking eye(private car park - hawkeshead, ambleside,cumbria)

received a parking eye(private car park - hawkeshead, ambleside,cumbria) parking charge. Had put my disabled badges in clear view with time on and parked in a disabled bay. Have replied stating what I have just said. Have not received, as yet, a reply from them. Please may I ask your advice. Thanking you.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Are you asking if you have to pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, and if you I did not pay, would they take me to court. I am 86 yrs old and have heart trouble so need a quick conclusion to this

Thank you.

The simple answer here is that there are no guarantees about anything. As with any other legal dispute there is a risk that you could lose. The questionnaires what is the level of risk and is it worth running.

In terms of your disabled badge, it depends upon the nature of the fine. I don't imagine they are saying that you were parked in a spot that you were not entitled to be. I suppose unless they are saying that you're disabled badge was out of date or not visible for example.

Probably about saying something like you overstayed.

You can always defend these things on facts. If they are alleging something that is just not true then you can fight it on the basis that it is not.

Whether they will sue or not is difficult to say. It used to be that they never sued anybody. It isn't really worth the manpower to do so. The law has recently changed in their favour and is is fair to say that subsequent to that they have become more aggressive than hitherto.

There isn't a very high chance that they will sue but there is a risk. What they will do for certain is send you lots of very nasty letters from debt collectors and they will probably get Graham Whyte solicitors to write to you. Unless you actually get a court summons that is nothing to worry about but it is fair to say that it could be stressful.

Can I clarify anything for you?