Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

HI, I live in the U.S., but my Mom is from England. I recently

Customer Question

HI, I live in the U.S., but my Mom is from England. I recently had my cousin purchase me a 1997 BMW motorcycle to ride around Europe later this month. I have an American, (but can get an international), license.

The bike already has a license plate, and it's my understanding that travels with the bike and there is a log that shows ownership, and my cousin will sign it over.

So my question is, how do I go about insuring it. It's not green card I don't think because I think that involves driving a U.S. registered vehicle with a U.S. license. So how do I get insurance, and what exactly is required to cross borders? Thanks, Jon
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will continue waiting thanks

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome. I will search for a UK legal professional for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks again

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.