Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

in motoring offense does police come themselves to serve s

if police has notified by letter today after all warnings that they will go prepare the file for court so that they issue summons....I just want to ask if they come personally to give summons to ones place n when can they come????

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Its quite unlikely that they will serve a summons personally. It would normally be sent out first class post.

However, it they do serve it personally they can do so at any time. Unless there is any urgency upon this though they will not have any real incentive to act during unsociable hours. This isn't a witness summons and so there is not the same urgency as there would be in those circumstances.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So they will provide it to the person concern or anyone at home.... n how much time does it take to get summon from court

No, they will probably send it out by post.

Usually several weeks but not necessarily. As long as its served before the hearing its lawfully served.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your reply.... BTW its speeding offense so these answers will be the same init :))

Yes, thats right.