Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

passed driving test /8/6/2011.Today just recieved 6 points

passed driving test /8/6/2011.Today just recieved 6 points will l lose my license?
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What are the points for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

uninsured vehicle ran out at 8 am this morning 3 points awarded at 1.30pm.At the same time 3 points given for incorrectly wearing a seat belt.The other 3 points were given in May 2012 for driving through a red light in a tractor

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972.3 POINTS FOR DRIVING THROUGH A RED LIGHT IN A TRACTOR.MAY 2012.TODAY 3 POINTS FOR WEARING A SEATBELT INCORRECTLY.3 POINTS FOR NO INSURANCE EXPIRED AT 8 AM AND POINTS GIVEN AT 3 O CLOCK.

Sorry if Im missing the point.

What were the dates of these two offences please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TODAY 3 POINTS FOR SEAT BELT 3 POINTS FOR INSURANCE

TRACTOR POINTS WERE MAY 2012

Good.

You said above you only got three points for no insurance. Is that accurate or a mistake?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6 POINTS FOR THE INSURANCE NOTHING FOR SEATBELT

Thats bad news I'm afraid. L
The tractor points do not apply as they were gained before you passed your test.
However, unfortunately the points for no insurance were within the first two years of driving which sadly would mean that you are subject to revocation.
I'm afraid there is no appeal from revocation or exceptional hardship application
On the positive side though, you are not disqualified. You can take your test again immediately and be back on the road.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MY son passed his test in june 2011.H recieved the 6 points today which l was hoping outside the 2 year probation period

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My sons 6 points were given to him today.He passed his test in June 2011.His tractor points were within the probationary period

You have asked for more information and left a negative rating which is inconsistent.

Was the negative rating a mistake? I will be happy to continue if it was

I know its easy to do that as I've rated incorrectly in other categories.
I am sorry. I've just read over this again.

I read your original post as a pass in 2013. If this was 2011 then the latter points would be acquired outside of the first two years and so it would not be engaged.

Please forgive me.