How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 22441
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, I moved to Uk at the end of January and brought my car

This answer was rated:

hi, I moved to Uk at the end of January and brought my car the 1rt week of april, my insurance from span expire yesterday. I would like to register here and contract a local insurance. can you help me

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, how can i register my car in London?, what is the requirements? and if you know about insurance company that help in this case ( foreign cars)? How can i know if my car has a traffic tickets?

website tells you everything you need to know.

depends where the vehicle is come from and a whole load of other criteria and I
can do no better than refer you to the government website. Https://

should be no problem getting it insured but you will need to get it insured
before you start the registration process.

insurance company will insure it based upon the 17 digit VIN chassis number.

you have a registration number, the insurance company can change the insurance
details from the VIN to the actual registration number.

only problem you may face is that not all insurance companies will insure an imported
vehicle if it is not the type that is normally imported into the UK.

It is
a case of shopping around and if you do have a problem try these people

these people,PPC,adrian+flux&gclid=CNmV8qDKorgCFbQetAodIzQA3g

I have
never known not to be able to obtain cover.

I have
used and I know people who have used both companies in the past and the service
has been excellent.

may be able to get one of the mainstream companies to ensure the car cheaper
but it really is a case of shopping around.

that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?

Please don't forget to
positively rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You
should now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.

It doesn't give me, "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask.

The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions after rating
my answer service.

I am
off-line shortly but will pick this up later because I am on and off-line each
day and weekend so please bear with me.

Stuart J and other UK Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you