Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.
30932268

UK, already have 2 convictions for being on the phone, since

UK, already have 2 convictions for being on the phone, since the last one in 2012 I have had hands free fitted in car however on this particular morning I was coming home from work tired the phone was not linked into hands free it was a work calling as the pc noted that and I was stopped for using a hand held device. I can plead guilty by post but I am fearful that they will see my previous and issue me with more than the 3 points...is this possible I am pleading guilty. Many thanks A
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

The offence of using a mobile phone carries 3 penalty points.

The Court cannot give you any more or less than this. If you plead guilty it is 3 points only.

They will probably know about the previous points on your licence because the Court usually obtains a DVLA print out.

You will be at risk of disqualification if you already have 9 points on your licence.

If you have less than 9 points then disqualification will not arise at this stage.

There will also be a fine and costs to pay.

Alex