Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  17 years experience
53108719

I have a criminal case which will be held in october.If i move

I have a criminal case which will be held in october.If i move address to wexford can the case be moved to a court in wexford or will it have to remain where it is now.

Buachaill :

1. I regret to say that if you move to Wexford, your criminal case will not be moved there. Essentially, it will still be heard where it is now being heard. Just because the defendant changes address does not mean that a change of jurisdiction occurs. Normally, the case is heard where the Gardai are located and where the prosecution is brought. A defendant can always apply for a change of venue, but this is rarely granted (never) if the Gardai wish the case to occur elsewhere. Additionally, it is always considered that the defendant can travel to the venue where the case is occurring.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Customer:

ok thanks