Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

caught doing 56 in a 30, 2 weeks ago, I have admitted it was

caught doing 56 in a 30, 2 weeks ago, I have admitted it was me driving. pending mag' summons. I have no previous points and use car 20000 miles a year for work, what can I expect

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Were there any schools or anything like that around in the area? The Crown may try to argue there was particular danger arising
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No schools or residential just a park and ride and old peoples home

Thank you for the information. I just need ten minutes to dictate an answer is thats Ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes fine thanks. I was stupid and I should have been paying attention, I plead guilty and accept points and fine, I just dont want a ban. Is the fine means tested?

Yes, we all make these mistakes. No driver is perfect.

If this is a 56 mph in a 30 mph zone then the sentencing guidelines say that the sentencing should be either 6 points or 7-56 days disqualification.

Generally speaking, they wouldn't prefer an instant ban normally. This is a speed in the middle of the sentencing bracket and you have a hitherto good record. There's no particular aggravation in the location. 30 mph zones always contain vulnerable road users but its not as if this was next door to a school or anything of that kind.

The fine is on the band B scale which is a starting point of 100% of your weekly income and a range of 75%-125%. They will reduce the fine by one third to reflect a guilty plea.

Also, there would be costs of £85 plus a victim surcharge of roughly £20.

Overall, its quite unlikely that you would be banned but obviously I cannot guarantee it. Its within the range of options open to them but it would be a harsh decision.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need to know anything else.