Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

Just received pcn in milton keynes for parking in electric

Just received pcn in milton keynes for parking in electric vehicle recharging bay. The bays are not marked as electric rechargeable bays only. The signage shows times for electric vehicle recharging but does not use the word only. Nor is the wording specifically excluding other vehicles. The bays themselves are unmarked except for lines of extent of bay. Is this a pcn worth challenging?

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Who is the issuer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972 Milton Keynes council

You can always contest any PCN on the basis that the signing was inadequate or unclear.

The short answer is that it depends ow much risk you want to take. Obviously if you lose the PCN will increase by just over double.

Personally, I would fight it. I think you have a very good point. The adjudicator might well take the view that you should have known but that is not the test.

The chances are high that you would win but nobody can guarantee outcomes obviously. Half the time the councils fail to prepare properly for the hearings so you win in default.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.