Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

Hallo If someone gets a 4 year sentence in prison,Does the

Customer Question

If someone gets a 4 year sentence in prison,Does the person have any chance to come out earlier,if yes please can you explain how.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you answer tailored to your circumstances I will need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What type of offence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there was 4 people who where in this crime,the police thought he had something to do with an insurance job which a warehouse belonged to a person he knew.and the police claimed that he was a driver who dropped of his friend .
But on the CCTV camera they could not see his vehicle and also a fire investigation was done and they found no proof or evidence .
he has however put in an appeal for HDC but is he entitled to that?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I've realised since posting that you were displeased with my previous answer so I will opt out for others for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I really need your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

All sentences are full and complete in the UK.

What happens is that people are released on licence at the half way point. There are some limited exceptions but not here. At the 2 year point he would be released on licence automatically. Its not really right to say he is entitled to it because he could be recalled if he acts in breach or commits another offence etc.

HDC is discretionary though. Eligibility for HDC is subject to satisfactory risk assessment and suitable accommodation approved by the Probation Service.

There are people who are not eligible by statute but not here. Its not that type of offence.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.