Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a NiP for speeding 37mph in a 30 area. I have photographic

I have a NiP for speeding 37mph in a 30 area. I have photographic evidence from police/Gatso camera. Whilst I do not thing I was speeding, can I check from photos to establish factual information
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you have any other points?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No other points on licence

What factual information are you hoping to check?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Photo evidence from Gatso camera? Can I check that I was speeding, by counting lines and working out speed?

I am so sorry for the delay. There were site issues and I couldn't get in.

You cannot ask for this evidence before you complete the S172 form. All that asks you to do is identify the driver and its completely independent from the offence itself. Even if you were the driver it doesn't prove the speeding.

You do have a right to see anything upon which the Crown rely no less than 7 days before the trial.

If the Crown do not rely upon it then you may be able to get access to it by writing a defence case statement. They have to consider that and disclose any information that undermines their case or assists yours.

To be wholly honest though, its rare that GATSOs are not reliable. Obviously its a piece of technology and anything can malfunction. Its not common though.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.