david northrop
david northrop, Solicitor
Experience:  I have over 25 years experience of litigation law including road traffic law
12609314

hello, if I put graphic on my private car (stickers on the

Customer Question

hello,
if I put graphic on my private car (stickers on the front door and on the boot door) with the name of my business, should I inform my insurer about it?
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  david northrop replied 3 years ago.

david northrop :

Provided you are not changing the insured use of the vehicle, for example, you are still using it only for recreational purposes and not business then you need not do anything as the terms of your insurance still cover what you use it for. In addition you are not customizing the vehicle in any way that would affect the policy. I hope that clarifies the position. If there are any further points please reply. Best wishes. Yours sincerely Michael Holly

JACUSTOMER-038anbpg- :

well, I'm a graphic designer and I'm self employed, but I'm not designing in the car. The cover is for domestic and social purposes

JACUSTOMER-038anbpg- :

is that mean that I'm fine? even if I drive time to time to meet the client?\

david northrop :

Putting a design on the car would not affecvt your insurance but if you want to drive it to see clients check that you are covered for occasional business use as that may be a change of terms.