Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

I drive a private hire licensed vehicle with nine seats inc

I drive a private hire licensed vehicle with nine seats inc driver am I allowed to use bus lane as this vehicle is for hire and reward

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ive received a fixed penalty for entering a bus lane and I am a minbus driver with nine seats including driver am I allowed to use the bus lane? this vehicle is licensed by same local council as a private hire vehicle.

Were you using it for public carriage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for carrying public who pre book as private hire

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

To use a bus lane you have to be a bus or various other specified motor vehicle.

To be a bus a vehicle must have a minimum of 10 seats including the driver. Also it has to be available for public carriage.

You would seem to have insufficient seats and be available for private hire.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have looked at threads on google eg London and most city councils say 8 seats plus driver is ok to use bus lane so is it dependent on each council and a police officer said to me 8seater plus driver is allowed to use bus lane

See here

at the third paragraph.