Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

clean licence for 24 years caught 76 in 50.

Customer Question

Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Do you deny speeding?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No , just wondering will this be ban or not ? As have autistic son to care for.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

If you were doing 76 mph in a 50 mph zone then you are facing 6 points or a short disqualification of between 7 - 56 days. Actually you are right at the bottom of the sentencing bracket so I would have expected 6 points especially because 50 mph zones tends not to contain a large number of vulnerable road users.

Since you have been driving for more than 2 years you are not at risk of revocation.

Since you do not have a further 6 live points on your licence you are not at risk of disqualification for totting.

However, I’m afraid that there is no exceptional hardship test for an immediate ban so if you are banned the fact that you have an autistic child will not be a ground to avoid a disqualification.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.