okay first of all they say I wont have to go to court next Tuesday as they will get a adjournment in order to request what evidence the court has, when they see what the evidence is they will then try get the case thrown out on lack of evidence, thats what there charging 995 for,but then if that dosnt work and it goes back to court to trial they want another 995 to represent me on the day and hopefully come to some sort of agreement with the court, like the court and the solicitors agree an outcome I am happy with (not getting banned).
I told them money is an issue so they said they could take 200 of me (which is there hourly rate) and they could go request the evidence, and once myself and they had seen the evidence I could decide then whether to pay the rest of the 995 (775) and they would then take it forward to try get it thrown out, if that didn't work they would want ANOTHER 995 to go back to court.
If i didn't take it forward after seeing the evidence i suppose id just go back and plead guilty and hope they wouldn't use the request of evidence against me, Ive heard a lot of stories of people getting solicitors and coming off much much worse if the case doesn't get dropped, you have all the solicitor costs and then a doubly harsh penalty of the courts for messing them about, I suppose the big factor in in this is do they have any real evidence? and if they do will requesting the evidence before pleading guilty go against me?
thats what I got from a rushed 20min phone conversation this lunchtime anyway, I might have got some of what they told me wrong but it seemed to make sense at the time, this is the first and only lawyer Ive contacted so far.