Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I brought a new car phone my insurance company the night before

I brought a new car phone my insurance company the night before I collected the car had a quote and I thought it was insured when I picked the car up I was pulled over for no insurance I thought I had it covered but the insurance company said it was still at quite firm , I immediately changed it to policy but it was later then the time I was pulled over. I am due in court I have pled quilty by post . This is my first offence will I be banned
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

When did you pass your test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2005
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jomo1972 I passed my test in jan 2005
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jomo1972 I also have a clean license no points apart from speeding in 2009 3 points for doing 34 in a 30 mph but that is cleared now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
It is taking too long
I am sorry about the delay. I did respond to this. I’m not sure why it didn’t upload.

In any event, you will not be banned. You will given a fine and 6 points. They can ban you but there is no reason to do so here.

Since you have been driving for more than 2 years the addition of 6 points to your licence will not lead to revocation.

If you do not have any other points in the last three years which would take you to 12 then you are not at risk of disqualification for totting.

You can ask the court not to add points by arguing that special reasons apply but its not a good idea here I’m afraid. Its quite a high test and ultimately you were not insured.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jomo1976 i have sent a letter to court pleading guilty by post and explained my situation about thinking I was insured will this affect there decision As I have done it by post also I had a charge of not proving police valid insurance certificate as it come on affect ten mins after producer was issued .
OK.

Is there anything else you wanted to know about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jono1972 what happens with the charge of not producing valid insurance cert ?
You can plead guilty by post.

If you sent them a letter saying you thought that you were insured then they might ask you to attend as they may take the view you are raising special reasons but that simply dealt with at court by saying that you are not.

A person can believe they are insured without it amounting to special reasons