Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi there, I pleaded guilty to driving without insurance (IN10)

Hi there, I pleaded guilty to driving without insurance (IN10) and recieved 6 points and a £250 fine. As part of my job I am required to complete a Disclosure & Barring Serice Form (formerly a CRB Check?). The last question asks me if have ever recieved a criminal conviction. I am not sure whether to answer yes or no, and am quite worried about whether this will show up (I am in the Armed Forces). I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help with this.

Does it say anything about excluding traffic offences?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, the form itself just asks the question along the lines of "Have you ever recieved a criminal conviction, caution or warning" - I think!

Does it say anything about not needing to declare spent convictions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it doesn't elaborate on the question at all. My conviction was in Jan 2010.

If it doesn’t elaborate then unfortunately you probably do have to declare all convictions spent or unspent. That would commonly be the case with service applications anyway.

Unfortunately this is a criminal conviction and there is no way around that. Its not a very serious one but its a crime nonetheless.

Given the nature of the question it would seem you have to declare it. it doesn’t exclude traffic offences.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for you help. I am already serving and have been DV cleared, so I'm hoping it won't affect my role at a Training Regt.

No, it probably won't unlsss your work involves diving.