Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hello! my name isXXXXX and near 5 years ago i applied

Hello! my name isXXXXX and near 5 years ago i applied for a injury claim with CTS Claim Today(i was passenger ) I don!t know what"t happend with my claim because today i received a letter (fromBerrymans Lace Mawer) to pay £1404,16 ( and i do not received any money for compensation)please help me ! my e-mail [email protected]

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

Was this a road traffic accident in which you suffered injudry or something else please?

Customer:

yes was a road accident, i was in the car with my brother-a-law , he was driver and me passenger and he has a accident , it was he"s fault, i applaied for suffered injury ( the accident it happend in 20.08.2008), in april2009 i left England for a year but i called them before (CTS ClaimToday) , i came back end of july 2010 and i find a letter in which is to pay £1404,16. why i have to pay this money because they told to me no win no fee, and i did not received any penny from this claim. In september 2010 i went to talk with a solicitor , he said to me "no worry every thing wiil be fine" but after 4-5 months a received another letter (he didn"t do nothing).I called myself (Berrymans Lane Mawer- they send me a letter for payment) and i spoked with them is not my fault and i want my name to be clean , i do not want problem i"m a onest person . They said to me they will check and i did not received another letter until today-i toutgh the problem is done but look is not done another problem.Please help me because i want to finish with this. Thank you

Joshua :

Thanks. From what you asy I am resuming that Berrymans was the firm of solicitors representing the other party. If I am correct in this assumption then the demand may indicate that your claim was unsuccessful and the court made an order for costs against you. However you must obtain an explanation from CTS with a report as to what happened with the outcome of your claim and why they have not notified you themselves. If you obtain no satisfactory answer ask to speak to the complaint partner at the firm and consider making a formal complain if you remain unsatisfied. You can ultimately make a compaint free of charge to the Legal Ombudsman who have the power to determine your complaint and award compensation if they consider it appropriate for any negligence on the part of the solicitors.

Joshua :

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/consumer/index.html

Joshua :

If it is apparent that you are responsible for the other partys legal costs because your claim was unsuccessful you need to ask CTS whether they took out any insurance to cover this risk and if not why this was not discussed with you at the time. If it was not explained to you that there was a risk that you could be responsible for the other party's legal costs and that there were insurances you could consdier to cover this risk this may amount to negligence on the part of the solicitors.

Joshua :

However at present until you are able to obtin more information from your solicitors consider that all you have received is a letter demading money Until you can obtain more information from CTS you should not pay any money but advise Berrymans that you are confirming the position with your solicitor and shall revert to them in due course.

Joshua :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help you with any further?