Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I attempted to pay my Fixed Penalty notice last week at the

Customer Question

I attempted to pay my Fixed Penalty notice last week at the local scotish court but they could not find the details of my speeding offence on the system and could not endorse my licence.

I was advised to return on day 28 to try and pay the fine again. What happens if the same happens again. The court said they could give me proof of my attempt to pay but will I still be summoned to court for non payment of the fine.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help with this.

how can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What happens if I attampt to pay fine but the offence has still not been registered on the Scottish Courts Systeme. They could not find any details of the offence I commited when I attended last week with my licence. Can I still be summoned to court for non-payment of the Fixed penalty notice if i have evidence that I have attempted to pay the fine?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

There is a risk that they will summons you to court to have the matter dealt with the in the normal way.

You are not summonsed for non payment of the FPN. You are challenged for the original offence.

They may take the view that is not in the public interest to prosecuted this but there are obviously risks that they may.

Sorry if thats bad news.