UK Traffic Law
Ask an UK Traffic Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Bailiff asked me to pay £1332,78 pence if I pick the car up tomorrow Saturday, on 06/03/13 he asked me to pay £1254-78 for two parking tickets, today it has increased. The Both Council said my case is on hold so there shouldn't be any extra charges until I get the decision from the District Judge, I wanted to know Why the bailiff is charging extra now. Also he said if I win the case The Council will refund the money back is it True?
Also the second ticket for the Hackney Brough it is not over 14 days when I have applied for the Review N244 and posted the forms before he had taken the car to the car pound on 06/03/13 and now he is charging for the both tickets. Please let me know what is my rights and what I should do I can't afford to pay full amount as above, and I need the car for my mum who is disabled.
The Court said it may take two weeks for the review to be heard by the district judge, does it mean I have to keep the car with the bailiff for two weeks.?
Please advice me what I can do to get my car back with out any charges to be paid to the bailiff.
Northampton Court said that the out of time witness statement was refused for Newham council on 11/02/13 and for the Hackney it was refused by the court on 22/02/13, I have asked for the review for the Newham on 06/03/13 and faxed it to the court, and for the hackney I have posted on 06/03/13 before the car was taken to car pound.
the Court received the N244 for Newham on 06/03/13 and for Hackney on 08/03/13.
The bailiff of Whyte and co left the Notice of Seizure of Goods and Inventory granted to the bailiff by Dartford county Court warrant of Execution ussued by the parking Enforcement centre at Northampton County court.
I am waiting for the review of the case without hearing from the district judge, not been set aside yet. I have filed the N244 forms for the review.
The bailiff is asking me to pay £1332.78, if I pick the car up today, is it reasonable to pay that much for two parking tickets ?
will I able to get all these amount from the council If I win the review of the case.
Also the bailiff said if I fail my case, then I will need to pay extra money for the storage untill the day I will pick it up. At the moment it is on the hold the bailiff can't sale my car until I get the decision of the review hearing.
Please let me know should I pick the car up now before the court decision, or wait for the decison from the court.? I was told by the court to get decision from the district judge it may take 2-4 weeks, is it correct.?
Please advice me I am confused and very distressed.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).