UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Hi I received a parking ticket a few months ago from a

Customer Question

Hi

I received a parking ticket a few months ago from a company called Parking Control Management (paymypcn-uk.co.uk). I was parked on a residential estate and did not notice any signs until I returned to my car and saw a small sign about 3 or 4 car lengths up the road. I did not walk past the sign after I had parked my car (I walked in the opposite direction), so I did not see it. There were no other signs in the road (small cul-de-sac).

I looked on a number of forums who advised to ignore the notice (£60) which I did. I then received another notice for £100 which I ignored. I have just received a 3rd notice stating that should I not pay the fine within 14 days, they will instruct a debt collection agency to recover the debt. It further states that if the debt collection agency takes legal action against me then I would be liable for 1)the parking charge 2)debt collector's fees 3)court costs and any interest accrued. It also points out that if a CCJ is made against me then my credit rating will be affected.

I noticed that there was a change in the law last year that states that the registered keeper is liable for the fine and not the driver.

I am starting to worry that I may have done the wrong thing and should have paid the fine.

Could you please help?

Thanks

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

What date was the ticket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nic

The ticket was dated 23/11/12.

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
That's a shame, tickets before October you could ignore,

However after the owner is liable.

But you could let it go to court. It would be a small claim.

They would have to show

A, they had a contract with you
B. You agreed to their terms
C, they suffered a loss

It would be very hard for them to prove this especially c.

So I would not worry, although the rules have changed they still have to prove a claim.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know,

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nic

Thanks for your reply. I'm concerned that they are instructing a debt collection company and they are stating that I will have to pay for the debt collection company fees. I don't know how much the fees are. I'm worried that the debt is going to go up and up? I have not replied to any of their notices. Should I be writing to them?

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry this is just bully tactics

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice