Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

i have been issued a parking ticket - contravention code 01.

Customer Question

i have been issued a parking ticket - contravention code 01. I was parked on the edge of my works car park, 2 of the wheels were on a dropped pavement which is the access to the car park. I have spoken to my local council, they say I was parked on a pavement and this is why the ticket has been issued. Were they right to issue the ticket even though it was parked there whilst I went in to gain access to the car park. Also is it the correct code?
thank you
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help with this. Please RATE my answer OK SERVICE or above.

I presume you accept parking there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes i accept the responsibility of parking there

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there was double yellow lines on the road next to where my car was but I was not parked on them. There are no signs except for loading and unloading. The ticket was issued by the council, my local council is Lancashire County Council. I can attach a photo if that would help?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so if I was to challenge this, my best option is to ask why the council issued the ticket and not the police for obstruction, wrong contravention code and no signs regarding parking on the footpath?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi so by best chances is with no sign about parking on the drop kerb footpath

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this information. I am just going into a lecture and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok it mite be just me but what should i writing to them

thanks

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay but I am having a few connection problems. Please bear with me and I will get back to you as soon as I am in a secure location.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I'm really not sure that I can add much to what I've said already.

I've given you grounds of appeal above and I cannot copy and paste them as I;m on the IPAD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi am starting to can most off this so far, but were you are saying about rtra that it should be sign to say if you can park there, but you look at section 6 it about speed limits

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I'm afraid this is becoming uneconomical for me so I'm going to opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
find it hard to understand, keep asking question and dont get answere, and she drop out
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Having read the exchange I'm really not sure what I can add to the answer you have received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all i want is answer that i understand , when i go read it there stuff in there that i dont need to no, and some stuff dose not make sences, my lass qeustion i ask was about rtra 1989 section 6 about trafic sign about parking, but you look at that on the web site it about speed limits

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but you have had the answer to this question.

I will opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
why can i not just get a strait answer, with what to say to say
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I DONT NO WHICH BIT, ALL OR JUST PART OF IT

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Opting out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY WHICH BIT I NEED TO PUT DOWN, IT WONT BE ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL IT

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not allowed to draft things for you under the rules of this site.

Since I have answered your question I also think you really need to ask another question now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you, so I am going to say it not clear engoth if you can park there, and they should have some sort of sign up saying what the parking rections are in place