Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

hi I have recieved a parking ticket fromCentral ticketing www.paymypcn.net......when

hi I have recieved a parking ticket fromCentral ticketing www.paymypcn.net......when I went online to appeal well it is impossible lest you tick one of their boxes none of which apply. but i note they say the offense committed is Obstruction Contravention 14..............I have looked that up ansd it says...........parked in electric vehicle charging place during restricted hours without charging...............I was on the carpark of Radcliffe Raiway station as I had caught the tram to manchester. There was certainly no electric charging area there.......... i am confused!
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Can you just clarify who the issuer is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a bit obscure Ticket says Central Parking XXXXXXXXXX /p>

says company is Concept Parking services Ltd company no.06840503

AddressPOBox465 Lavender Park Road Surrey KT14 9BS

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Im really sorry but Im having difficulty following you. Would you mind writing things out in full sentences so that we understand each other?

You have been issued a fine at a railway station. What is your query?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have been issued a parking ticket at a Railway Station where it is free parking.

My car was issued with an obstruction ticket

When I have gone to appeal to the company that issued the ticket, it states the offense is against Contavention 14

When I look up that Contravention up it says the offense is ........... Parked in electical vehicle charging place etc

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Have you admitted being the driver yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am the driver, but my car is a normal car, I don't understand why they are saying it is Contravention14
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
No, forget that please.

Please give me the information I asked for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i have not admitted I was the driver
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }

Good. This is a private land fine. They are unenforceable. This is not a parking fine however it may look. These companies are private firms that have no more right to punish you for the manner of your parking than your neighbour does. Only the police or the local council can do that. These are issued on the basis that you have accepted a contract by parking there and breached it by staying too long. To make that work they would have to hang signs over almost every bay and anyway, they still cannot show loss. The way to stop them dead is to write back refusing to give them the name of the driver. They have no power to make you as they are not the police. They only have a 'contract' with the driver and not the registered keeper. That will not stop them writing to you but it will put a stop to any real action being taken. They won't know who to sue. Nothing will ever happen over this.

If I have answered your question please click on ‘Accept' so that I can get feedback, thereafter I will happily deal with your follow up questions for free. Jomo

Jo C., Barrister
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.